January 2013: IX Reach, an international layer 2 carrier, and Netnod, a Swedish Internet Exchange (IX), have joined together in partnership to allow easier remote peering access into the Stockholm-based IX from anywhere across IX Reach’s 65+ global Points of Presence (PoPs).
This new partnership will enable IX Reach customers to have a much broader coverage across Scandinavia when entering the European market by using a VLAN connection into Netnod providing them with direct, robust and secure connectivity and colocation at the TelecityGroup Bromma data centre.
“We are happy to provide all IX Reach customers an affordable and easy way to access all the peering potential at Netnod through the Netnod Reach partnership. With this, all IX Reach customers can peer at the largest Internet Exchange in Northern Europe with one of the highest traffic volumes per connected peer in the world,” said Kurt Erik Lindqvist, CEO of Netnod.
Netnod is Sweden’s largest Internet Exchange carrying 440Gbps of traffic; its members come primarily from Sweden and Scandinavia making it the main gateway for Russian and Baltic ISPs – who are some of the biggest transit and hosting providers – to peer and connect to Europe.
Using IX Reach to provide direct connections to Netnod enables customers access through its comprehensive MPLS Ethernet network internationally; IX Reach can provide capacities ranging from 100Mbps to multiple 10Gbps from any on-net location opening up the country to the rest of the world.
“IX Reach offers a flexible range of connection solutions that grow with the customer’s needs; for networks that want to peer in Scandinavia but are unsure that traffic levels warrant a full IX membership, connecting to Netnod via IX Reach is an excellent option,” commented Stephen Wilcox, Founder and CTO of IX Reach.
While customers of IX reach will have a contractual relationship with IX Reach, they will be listed on the Netnod website, together with other operators connected to Netnod.
Did you know this about Netnod and peering Stockholm?
- Netnod operates exchange points in five cities in Sweden where Stockholm is the most important in terms of traffic and peers.
- Netnod has 82 peers.
- Netnod has 440 GB/S.
- Netnod has high traffic per peer: 5,36 GB/S per peer.
- Netnod’s Exchange points are located in secure underground bunkers.
- Netnod has a redundancy policy that implies that customers connecting to Netnod in Stockholm connect at two separate stand-alone locations in Stockholm.
- Netnod is the natural peering point for many Russian and Eastern network because of the cabling and termination points in Stockholm from Russia. (90% of the Russian IP traffic terminates in Stockholm.)
- Netnod is a non-profit Internet infrastructure organisation that in addition to the operations of the Exchange points also holds expertise in DNS. Netnod offers DNS anycast & unicast slave services to TLDs worldwide and is the proud operator of i.root-servers.net, one of 13 logical DNS root name servers in the world.
- Netnod works for the good of the Internet and plays an active role in the global Internet community and has built strong relationships with many internet-related regional and global organisations.
Contact person: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
Phone: +46 856 286 000
About IX Reach
IX Reach operates its own purpose built international MPLS network reaching over 30 major cities across Europe and North America and branching out into Asia and the Middle East. IX Reach specialise in providing bespoke solutions based on Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint connectivity with flexible bandwidth capacity from 100Mbps to multiple 10Gbps, VLANs, VPNs, wavelengths and business IP.
IX Reach’s network offers a robust and reliable platform designed to support customers such as carriers, ISPs, content providers and large corporates in order to expand their network across IX Reach’s 65+ data centres. IX Reach also has over 250 racks of colocation and can offer space from a 1/4 rack up to large suites. Through its partnerships with key Internet Exchanges, data centres and cloud operators, IX Reach offers all the benefits of one simple solution.
For more information about our services and our partnerships with key Internet Exchanges, data centres and cloud operators please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 845 013 0845. You can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.